IMPORTED BOAT TRAILER COMPLIANCE
Bold Trailer And Caravan Repair Centre can assist you with getting your imported Boat Trailer compliant for registration in Australia.
You’ve found the boat of your dreams overseas and you want to bring it to Australia. There can be some key elements of imported trailers that do not comply to Australian Standards and require modification before the trailer can be registered in Australia.
Bold Trailer And Caravan Repair Centre can take care of the required modifications for you and carry out your registration checks and registration paperwork.
How to get your imported trailer registered in NSW:
- Do not import your trailer into Australia before obtaining a vehicle import approval. You can obtain one here.
- Pick up your boat and trailer or caravan from the Docks. This will need to be done with a tow truck as it is illegal to tow an unregistered vehicle.
- Remove the boat from trailer and moor or dry store your boat (this will be done for you if you are using a commercial storage facility).
- Deliver your boat trailer to Bold Trailer And Caravan Repair Centre (again, a tow truck should be used as it is illegal to tow an unregistered vehicle)
- Bold Trailer And Caravan Repair Centre will assess the trailer and note any modifications required for your trailer to comply with Australian Standards. (This will not be done at the time of dropping off the trailer)
- We can provide a quote for any trailer or caravan modifications required.
- One of our trained repairers will phone you to discuss your trailer. If possible we would prefer you to drop into the workshop and discuss your trailer in person.
- You will need to advise Bold Trailer And Caravan Repair Centre what work you would like us to carry out and provide approval for this work by signing a job card.
- Bold Trailer And Caravan Repair Centre will proceed with the modifications approved by you.
- We will organise your weighbridge ticket.
- We will organise your Blue (AUVIS) or Brown Slip (HVAIS).
- We will phone you when your trailer is completed.
- You will attend the workshop for a final inspection of any modifications, pay invoice and collect registration paperwork.
- You will take the paperwork we give you to Service NSW and pay your registration fees. Service NSW will issue you with a number plate.
- Drive off and enjoy your new boat and trailer.
Call us on (02) 8544-8114 and let’s discuss your imported trailer.